Swimming Goals 2005
- 2005: Win the 100 Meter Butterfly at the Speedo Challenge. Qualify for Summer US Swimming Nationals in the 100m Butterfly. 100m
Butterfly Time 55.00.
- 2006: Qualify for the 2008 Olympic Trials in the 100 Meter Butterfly. *
- 2007: Don't get any older. *
- 2002-- Set 12 Masters World and National Records. Became the oldest qualifier for the
U.S. Open at age 45. Finished summer season with 2nd fastest personal best in the 100 Meter Butterfly (56.42) which was a Masters Age Group World Record
by 4 seconds and also the third fastest Masters 100 Meter Butterfly
- 2001-- Began Swimming Comeback. Set multiple Master's World Records. Voted Southern California Aquatics
"Swimmer of the Year".
- July 22, 2001- Became
the oldest (by 21 years) to make the Consolation Finals in the 100 Meter
Butterfly against Olympic and World Class competitors. Broke the Master’s World Record by 5
tenths of a second.
- June 24, 2001- Began training with the USC
College/Olympic team under 2000 Head Olympic Coach Mark Schubert and
Assistant Larry Lebowitz.
- May 27, 2001 - Became the oldest Finalist (by 22
years) at US Swimming's Speedo Grand Challenge. Finished 4th to 3 World Ranked Swimmers. Two were
members of a 2000 Olympic Team and one was a Silver Medallist.
- 2000 - Began swim training after a 13-year
- 1989 – Ranked as the
oldest U.S. National Swimming Championship Qualifier – Two top 75 World
Time Rankings in the 100 and 200 Fly.
- 1988 – Became the
oldest U.S. National Swimming Championship Qualifier.
- 1986 – Achieved World
Ranked Triathlete status.
- 1980 – Became an
Olympic Trial Qualifier in the 200 meter Butterfly.
- 1978 – Member of the
NCAA Championship Tennessee Swim Team.
- 1976 – Received All
American Honors 200 Butterfly.
- 1976 – Became an
Olympic Trail Qualifier in the 200 meter Butterfly.
- 1976 - Awarded “Hardest
Worker” University of Tennessee.
- 1975-1979 – Member of the
University of Tennessee Swim Team.
- 1975 – Became National
YMCA Champion 200 Butterfly (National Record)
Back to top